Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Simple Tables: What is your favorite form of caffeine while studying for finals?

This assignment was easy to gather information because I already had a survey of the junior classes preference when it comes to energy drinks while studying for finals.  I utilized survey monkey and then put my information in a chart on Excel.  According to Tufte, I feel he would choose the bar graph because it is easy to distinguish the differences between each option.  The bar graph uses minimal space and is simplicsitc compared to the other graphics. I feel if I made the colors different for each option it would help identify each option.  However, I feel the pie chart does not clarify whether Monster or Red Bull is more popular because the sections look identical to eachother.  I feel the line gragh is easy to understand but like the pie chart, it is hard to distinguish the difference between Monster and Red Bull.  This assignment was fun because it allows you to physically see the difference between each student's response.

No comments:

Post a Comment